Saturday, March 29, 2014

Coastin'


  The Oregon Coast has to be one of our favorite spots to work. It's so beautiful and when we are not on the job, there are so many fun things to do. Kirk loves to go mountain biking and has some secret spots around Cannon Beach that I have never tried - too tough! He always comes back dirty!


Walking on the beach is much more my speed. Cannon Beach itself is about 5 miles long and all of it is just lovely so, when I get any free time I love to just stroll....


Of course sometimes it is so windy that you really can't get anywhere! This day however was just stunning - brave little kids out in shorts - and I was carrying my parka. Gotta love it!

      

Haystack rock [the biggest sea-stack in front of Cannon Beach]  is a Natural Tide Treasure and sometimes you can see lots of these fat, colorful guys. You have to go at low tide and peak under all the rocks to see where they hide . Fun!


Of course I do love to go "COASTIN'" with Kirk when I can... now this is my kind of biking... a paved path that runs by the ocean and through the forest at Fort Stevens State Park. It's so beautiful there and of course there is a pic-nic in my bike basket! Boy do we know how to live??

                                                     Where is your favorite bike-path??




No comments:

Post a Comment

I Welcome Your Comments