Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Flower Power!!


OK, one thing I love about being an Interim Innkeeper is that I get paid to do old-fashioned flower arranging. First I get to go out to the garden and pick the best blooms and then I get to design. Here at the MacKaye Harbor Inn each guest room has a fresh bouquet as well as the dining table and the side table.



 Fortunately, Robin [the owner] has a great garden and a green house so I have lots of different flowers to choose from. These two sweet little bouquets are for the dining room.



But each guest room is decorated with a different color scheme so I try to do something appropriate - check out the colorful flowers that match the pillow in the "Captain's Suite".



 


Here on Lopez Island we also get to decorate the breakfast with fresh flowers - so I have actually taken a class in edible flower arranging so as not to poison the guests, ha ha!



Here I am picking garnish flowers for the breakfast table. I have heard it said that people eat with their eyes and I guess that is true. Anyway, a lovely garnish can really add something beautiful to the breakfast table.
 


 These are my caramel/peach muffins garnished with fushias and below is Kirk's fruit plate garnished with roses [yes, both of those are edible].











                                                        What do you think of my
 Flower Power??

1 comment:

  1. Well, that's only one of your powerful talents and why we love having you care for our guests when we are away. Thank you KC and Kirk.
    Robin and Mike
    MacKaye Harbor Inn owners

    ReplyDelete

I Welcome Your Comments