Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Just Peachy!



Well, here we are.... back in Colorado to work and we got here just in time for the end of the
peach season. Lucky us!


   First, we get to go to the farmers market to pick the very best peaches from the very best Colorado farms.



   Look at these beauties.... they're just peachy!  Ha Ha!


Now what to do with them?? One of my favorite recipes I stole [ I told you I was a thief] from Sue, one of my clients, and Martine, my daughter. Now you can steal it from me:
Sue's Famous Peach Muffins:
Beat 1/4 C butter & 3/4 C brown sugar
Beat in one egg and 2 T cream
Add 1 1/2 cup fresh chopped peaches [I chop over the bowl so that the juice is also in the mix]
Add C flour, 1t baking powder and some spices [I like cinammon and ginger]
Bake at 350 for 20 min and top with:
Martine's Famous Caramel Frosting:
Boil 1/2 C butter, 1/2 brown sugar and 2t milk 
over med heat until dissolved then let sit for a bit and drizzle over muffins



Of course we also make peach pancakes, peach melba, peach cake etc....
We just love a good Colorado Peach.
What's your favorite peach recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Welcome Your Comments