Friday, June 19, 2015

Tools of our Trade


As Professional Innsitters we travel all over and work in many beautiful, well stocked kitchens. However, each of us has a few tools of our own that we can just not do without and so we bring them from job to job, kitchen to kitchen all over the west.

This is Kirk's favorite knife. He keeps it especially sharp and it goes everywhere he does!!


My favorite tool is this Black and Decker hand mixer. I much prefer it to a big fancy Cuisinart. And as you can see this is a very special mixer - my daughter hand painted it for me for Mother's Day. Actually, this is my second hand painted mixer. The first she made for me on Mother's Day when she was 12!!! It lasted all these years - she's 32 now and just had to make me another.
So Black and Decker - a great tool for my trade.
I'm always so happy when I'm mixing with my special mixer!!  AWWWWW...




But where would a cook be without a recipe book?? I mean all the knifes and mixers in the world won't help if you don't know what you are cooking, right? This little book is my bible - all the recipes that I rely on are written in it in my horrible hand writing. So when I have decided on my morning menus, I head to this little guy for guidance. Although many of these recipes I know by heart which is a good thing as the book is getting pretty beat up by now. Maybe I need a new one??


  Check it out - if you can decode this you can have my secret sour cream streusel cake recipe.
Good Luck!




So those are some of the "tools of our trade".
What are some of yours??

1 comment:

  1. What a great blog, KC! I would bring my tools also if I traveled but unfortunately it would involve my big huge Cuisinart. We miss you and Kirk innkeeping--you are so busy. Perhaps we can get you out here soon so we can leave in peace. Maybe we will see you again soon! xox

    ReplyDelete

I Welcome Your Comments