Friday, October 28, 2016

BOOOOtiful!






 It's a spooky time of year at the Cannon Beach Hotel . I am currently the Relief Manager here but look at my assistant Boris...... isn't he boootiful!!  He even has his own name tag. Boris helps greet our guests during the Halloween Season and on Halloween Eve we encourage all the little trick or treaters to have their picture taken with Boris. He's very popular!







       




    Boris and I both love all the spooky little touches around the Cannon Beach Hotel. Notice the crow on the front desk and the cat on the mantel. On Halloween all of the staff gets to dress in costume if they like. I guess I'll go as a manager. What do you think?                                                                  
                           

















  


  This is my favorite spooky little touch - a friend of mine sent it to me. Is't it perfect??


 Of course it's not all about the decor at my Dead and Breakfasts - I get to arrange flowers and pumpkins, I get to oversee Halloween parties and trick or treaters. I also get to bake......




                                              


   These are my delicious pumpkin muffins. Make some for yourself this Halloween and see how good they are.




 K.C.'s Pumpkin Muffin Recipe - 

 Blend 1/2 C oil, 2 eggs, 1/3 C water, and 1 C pumpkin
 Add 1 + 3/4 C  flour, 1 + 1/2 C sugar, 1 t soda
Stir in a pinch of salt and lots of spices [I use cinnamon, ginger, and apple pie spice]
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes

If you like you may top with apricot glaze:
Mix 1/4 C melted butter, 1/4 C powdered sugar, and 2T of apricot jam


                                          Happy Halloween to all of you- it's  Boootiful!



                         

2 comments:

  1. KC, Thank you for taking such great care of our little hotel and Boris to boot. You are always perfection and we love having you. Happy Halloween! Love, love, love the pictures!
    Claudia and Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love having you here KC!! Its Spooktacular. :) Tina

    ReplyDelete

I Welcome Your Comments