Sunday, December 2, 2012

Golden Bronze

Our current assignment as interim innkeepers is in Golden Colorado. Golden is a super charming town nestled between the big city of Denver and the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. The city has done a great job in making a naturally beautiful area even more lovely and very enticing for tourists. They have historic buildings, lush parks, charming shops, gourmet restaurants and lots of public art. GPAP [Golden Public Art Program] has funded 30 beautiful bronze statues scattered all over the city. Kirk and I have made it a point to check out as many as possible. We have not yet seen all 30 but here are our favorites:
"The Cowboy" is Kirk's favorite, DUH!                                                                
                                               
  
       
                   

                                           "A Friend to Lean On" is definitly the cutest.
 
This one is in front of the Library and is called "Secret Garden"
 
I am also very fond of this little monster - "Cameron's Dragon"
 
But my absolute favorite bronze statue in all of Golden Co is:
"Sleeping Bear"
 
Yes, I've been to Chicago and seen the "bean". I've been to Paris and seen the Eiffel tower but I really do like Golden's Bronzes.
Where is your favorite public art?
 

1 comment:

  1. I love A Friend to Lean On! I am, of course, partial to Calder's "Eagle" in Seattle's Sculpture Park but that's just local bias!

    ReplyDelete

I Welcome Your Comments