Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Home for the Holidays


One of the things I love most about being a Professional Innsitter is that I can make my own schedule. Although we have many "homes" all over the country, I always try to be in my real HOME for the HOLIDAYS. 
And look how beautiful it is! 
I have been fortunate to find a client in our home town - the Old Parkdale Inn.
And have worked there for the last five Christmas seasons so when I am not cooking breakfast or making beds at the B&B I am at home sitting under my tree drinking a cup of cocoa.
 
 
                                                                         
And nothing goes better with cocoa than old fashioned gingerbread. So here's my family's recipe for gingerbread:
Cream 1C butter and 1C sugar
Beat in 1egg, 1C molasses, and 2T vinegar
Add 5C flour, 1 1/2 t soda and 1/2 t salt
Add ginger, cinnamon and cloves to taste
Chill dough, then roll and cut in shapes
Bake 375 - 5 min


Then get your whole family together to decorate the cookies. Have Fun!
It's a tradition for us!
         Let me know how you like it.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Welcome Your Comments