Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Tea Time


 It's not often I get to go out with a girlfriend while I am working but here I am with my friend Elizabeth having High Tea at the Brown Palace Hotel in Denver Colorado while Kirk stayed back at the B&B to be the Innsitter .This is the most luxurious and historic hotel in Denver. It has a beautiful interior atrium with cast iron balconies and wall decor made from Mexican onyx. It also features brass griffins over the front desk and entry ways. WOW! Built in 1892 -the age of elegance, you really feel special when you have High Tea there and that's good because we were celebrating our mutual birthdays.


As you can see the food was beautifully presented. What you can't see is how great it tasted - this little birthday cake was soooo yummy - coconut cake with a butterscotch frosting and tiny little butterscotch candies on top. My wish was for a year of happiness and peace for my friend. She wished for a year of fun travel for me. May both our wishes come true!                            
So if you are ever in Denver and want to step back in time,  go to the Brown Palace for High Tea  - So Elegant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Welcome Your Comments