Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bungalow & Breakfast


            OK, this is VACATION!!  When my hubby and I travel we always try to stay in B&Bs. I mean that is our life, right? But in Asia the B&Bs were often Bungalow and Breakfast. And SO charming - this one is in Thailand with a beautiful palm lined pool and stunning white sand/aqua water beach. I just love B&Bs!

 
 
Now this bungalow is in Bali and they brought breakfast every morning to our veranda surrounded by flowering trees. We were served fresh blended fruit juice, an elaborate fresh fruit plate and then my favorite: pineapple pancakes with fresh coconut. WOW! It's such a treat for us to have someone else do breakfast and we can just stay in our pjs.
 
 
 
This was my favorite little bungalow. The interior was all carved teak and at night they would draw the mosquito netting around the bed and sprinkle flower petals over the sheets. So Romantic! Also this B&B won best bathroom: totally outside in a private garden courtyard. But I can't show you that picture hummm....
 
                                
 
 
This bungalow on the remote Gili Islands won best veranda. It had a large sofa/bed surrounded by netting where we would recline to read or play games and a lovely teak table with a view of the beach where we would sit for breakfast and afternoon tea.
 
 
Well, now we are back to work but all rested and we have some new ideas for breakfasts.  It was a really great trip!
 
Have you ever stayed in a Bungalow?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Welcome Your Comments