Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pineapple Pot


  I bet you can guess what a "pineapple pot" is - yup, it's a pot made from a pineapple. In Thailand they use pineapple for EVERYTHING: they blend it for juice, the carve it for garnish, they shred it for salad, they chop it for rice, and then they hollow it out and use it as a serving dish! Here are some of my favorite things to eat out of a pineapple ...........

         
 
This dish is rice with crab, shrimp and of course, pineapple!
 
 
This is my personal favorite- chilled shrimp salad.
 
 
And Kirk's favorite - ICE CREAM - YUMMMM!
 
 
Well now that we are back and we are innkeepers again we sort of miss our pineapple fix. Of course we do serve it for breakfast but I wanted to try something more imaginative so I made pineapple/butterscotch cookies! Really better than they sound. Check out allrecipes.com for the recipe.
 
                                        
 
Try them and let me know what you think!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Welcome Your Comments