Saturday, July 6, 2013

Island Thyme

                                             

  Our new home -
LOPEZ ISLAND WASHINGTON   

 Called the "friendly isle", Lopez Island is really a step back in time with charming farms and historic homes scattered throughout the bucolic scenery. We have even learned to do the Lopez Wave because you can not pass anyone without acknowledging them. Soon we will be locals!





           We are currently innsitters at the
MacKaye Harbor Inn . It is located right on the water and surrounded by lush grounds and gardens. From the wraparound porch you can look out over the bay and sailboats of south Lopez Island to see seals and bald eagles.
         Sharing my garden with me is the cutest little deer [hence the big white gate in this photo]. She is welcome to the lawn but we need to keep her out of the herbs and flowers. Every morning I get to go out to gather garnish for my breakfast table and bouquets for the rooms - one of my favorite parts of the job!


Look - how pretty!!



                                 
       

  And this is one of Robin's "peace" roses.
      WOW!!


 What's your favorite flower?

1 comment:

  1. Well of course peonies are my favorite, but I have high hopes that we will get our very own peace rose blooming here soon!

    ReplyDelete

I Welcome Your Comments