Saturday, July 5, 2014

Red, White & Blue Breakfast


                               Look at this beautiful 4th of July table! This is breakfast at the Carriage House in Grinnell Iowa. No, Kirk and I are not working here - I wish!! We are guests. It is so nice to just be able to enjoy a B&B and let somebody else do all the work. This is Dorothy's Red, White & Blue parfait -  yummy and  lovely. We are taking notes.
                                                     

                                           









  The Carriage House is a beautiful old mid-western mansion built as a family home in 1895. It features two turrets, a wrap around porch, several fireplaces, lead glass windows and even a small landing from which concerts were presented. Here I am in our turret room blogging - great spot to work, huh?

But the reason we are here over the 4th of July is that Grinnell is my home town and my father is turning 90 so there is a big family reunion. What a relaxing place for us to enjoy our granddaughter. Of course I am  enjoying seeing the rest of my family and my home town but this little one is the BEST!!    
                                              Where did you spend the 4th of July?



     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Welcome Your Comments