Sunday, March 12, 2017

UnWined in Astoria


I am currently working as an Interim Innkeeper on the Oregon Coast near the town of Astoria. As you all know by now, when I am not working I like to unwind with a glass of wine so I was very happy to get to attend the UnWined event held at the Liberty Theater in Astoria. The Liberty Theater is a beautifully restored 1920's theater that sits like a jewel in the middle of downtown Astoria. Inside it is complete with velvet and stained glass, gilded art work and crystal chandeliers. We have seen concerts and dances there but UnWined was one of the most fun events we have attended in Astoria.







  UnWined is a public tasting of all of the wines that were entered in the competion for the 2017 Astoria Seafood Festival. Most of the wines are from the Northwest and in total there were 137  wines to sample - too many even for me!




                                                                                             But I was sure going to try!


Pinot Gris is one of my favorite varietals. Look at all the choices I had here. The two I liked best were the Coria Estates 2015 and the Tesoaria Vineyard 2015. YUM!









Kirk really enjoyed this Malbec from Rallison Cellars.

 The judges for the competion where present if you wanted to discuss certain wines . Although we aren't really serious oenophiles but we did place our votes for "People's Choice Award".

Along with all this wine, there were wonderful seafood appetizers and live music. What a great event UnWined in Astoria was!

What is your favorite wine?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Welcome Your Comments