Friday, October 25, 2013

a Blackberry Breakfast



  Here is the Welcome Witch at the
                                   Inn at Blackberry Creek .
Isn't she sweet? We work at this B&B in Walla Walla a couple of times each year and just love it.

    Yes, there is a creek and yes, there are lots of blackberries that grow back there. I am lucky in that the owner, Barbara,  freezes a big bag for me to use when I am cooking breakfast.

   I have a great recipe for Blackberry Cobbler but you need fresh blackberries so you will have to wait for that recipe.


                       



      But one of my favorite things to do with frozen blackberries is to make these cute little tartlets. Here's the recipe for them:

     Make a pastry dough pocket
     Insert one or two frozen blackberries
     Sprinkle with sugar
     Bake in small muffin tins for 15 min at 375

And........
   

SO YUMMY! and SO EASY!!

Try it and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Welcome Your Comments